Labels

Friday, June 24, 2011

Bonjour!

I love coffee, live for the after dinner espresso or cappuccino the thicker/darker the better. In the mornings a good fat free latte is what I go for, but of course that doesn't always happen because things get busy and well I get lazy. I have a great coffee maker that grinds the coffee before brewing and on a timer, so that when I wake up it is ready. This is great, but a few times in my tiny loft-like apartment I had forgotten to turn the timer off and was abruptly awakened to what sounded like a construction site in my kitchen. This also comes with some major clean up with so many parts of the coffee maker. My new favorite form of coffee comes from my french press!
In a perfect world I would enjoy my latte in this picture that I took back in Paris last August.
In the real word I use this 8-cup Bonjour french press from Williams Sonoma
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products_g/bonjour-maximus-8-cup-french-press/?pkey=e%7Cfrench%2Bpresses%7C26%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C15&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-



You have to boil water:
Add your desired coffee (ground) to the french press glass, with the press part out and in the open position. The amount of coffee varies with the amount you are going to make: 1 to 2 tablespoons of coarsely ground coffee per 8 oz of water. You may have to experiment with the amount of coffee in order to achieve your desired taste. For my size I use around 3 and half scoops.
Once you have boiling water add it to the press pot and let steep for around 4 minutes (the longer you wait the richer it becomes).
Once the coffee has steeped, put the press in the glass in open position and press the grinds to the bottom, once they are turn the press to the off position or 'flavor sealing' position. And bonjour to great coffee in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment