Labels

Friday, June 24, 2011

Week and a Half Anniversary

After our fairy tale wedding the Argyle packaged up our very own dinner for us to go, so we could really taste and enjoy everything because your just in a haze the night of the actual wedding. We left the glorious farewell brunch on Sunday and went to Wimberly, TX for a 'Mini-Moon'. A week and a half later we thawed out the vacuum sealed deliciousness and decided to try our first romantic dinner at home.
Our sealed food:
I am a complete dishoholic, inherited from my mother. I absolutely love my Penzo dishes from Zimbabwe. However the country is in unrest right now so the owner of Penzo is moving the company to South Africa so unfortunately my coveted dinnerware is now very VERY hard to come by, but I still just love them so much. Alas the magician at Hanleywood, she goes by the name Ingrid, beautifully put together the placemats, napkins, and napkin rings to perfectly compliment to whole look.
My sweet grandmother also brought me these highball glasses etched with various African animals all the way from Uganda, they are fabulous, thanks Nonny.

To finish the whole affect, another gift from my other grandmother, a pair of antique candlestick holders. She gave us these as an engagement present with a note "For lots of candlelit dinners for two" and it almost melted my heart. They are gorgeous and the perfect final addition to our table, for a magazine ready evening.
The evening would not be complete without pieces of our wedding and groom's cakes! (Not to fret the top of the wedding cake is still safely stowed away in my parents practically walk-in freezer)



No comments:

Post a Comment