Labels

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Max's Wine Dive

So I haven't cooked all week, although it is only Wednesday, I still feel a little lazy. However, because a dear friend HAS to go to London for 4 months for something really stupid like law school we HAD to go and give her a fond farewell, 3 times in a week. Since we did go to some fabulous places and I like to think of myself as a wannabe foodie and to one day be really proactive and have my own personal food journal, I thought I would start now. This was how all of my diaries as a child started out, and then next entry would be months later saying "sorry I haven't written in a while" and it would continue like that until finally I wanted a new pretty diary and the vicious cycle would continue.
We went to....

 In the quarry extended/annex whatever is is called I can never get it right, it's across the street from the main quarry. Where of course you start your night out with a wonderful just what I needed after a long day glass of wine.

 Luckily my friends like to do what I like to do, order a lot and share everything, that way you get a taste of everything. For appetizers we had the pulled pork nachos, calamari, and the heavenly truffle mac & cheese (this is a must here). 

Hercules and I ordered the fried chicken, duh.

Christie had the sliders....

Then Schreiner and Jayson did something unexpected and trumped us all with haute dog. When I asked for an explanation of what was on top the response was "It's like cole slaw, but not" Ugh! Boys, don't they know I am trying to start my awesomely terrific food journal. Somewhere else in there was a Cracklin Chicken, Ahi Tuna steak, and some kind of salad that I had little expectations for but was amazing!

And by the way what a great motto...?


Photos are from somewhere in the cyber world.

No comments:

Post a Comment