Labels

Monday, July 18, 2011

Fresh Fish!

We had our 1 month of being married and were gonna do our own dinner at home..... but when my dad calls on the way back from the coast with fresh fish, shrimp, and stone crabs I jumped with excitement!

On the Menu:
Chilled Stone Crab Claws
Fried Shrimp
Sauteed and Fried Flounder
Fresh Spring Mix Salad with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Green Beans, Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, and Olives
Mini Key Lime Pies

Stone Crabs!!! hard to crack into, but the effort is worth the meaty tasty goodness. My dad brought back "Guy's" sauce. Guy used to own Boulas in Port Aransas, which if you know anything about Port A you know it was was phenomenal, technically he still is part of the The Pelican Club which is also very good. He recently opened up the new restaurant Inferno on the corner of Cotter and the main street, I haven't been yet but I hear great things.


Roast the Fingerling potatoes in a little olive oil and some spices (my dad has his own stocked in the fridge but refuses to tell me what all is in it). Also roast the green beens in olive oil and salt and pepper with yellow cherry tomatoes and olives.

Combine with the spring mix lettuce mixture and a balsamic vinaigrette and some shredded parmesan on top and you have greatness of a salad!

Now onto the shrimp! We first pealed and deveined the shrimp and soaked in a little milk and egg so that the fry would stick to the shrimp. We have loved Slap Ya Mama spice mix for a couple years now and just recently found the Slap Ya Mama fry mix! It was a good mix of hot and salty and didn't make the shrimp too heavy. We liked it so much, we used it on the Flounder too.



My mom's wonderfully set table, she liked my green Anna Weatherly Chargers so much that I got for the wedding that when she found 8 of them on ebay for a steal in blue, she said she had to just snatch them up.

A great meal with great family to celebrate! The whole meal was delicious with a nice cold glass of Rose wine, my dad's favorite right now is Otto and it is so refreshing and not too heavy for this South Texas heat.

The final event of the Key Lime Pie, it is the easiest recipe but is always impressive (little do people know its only 3 ingredients). My mom has been making it for years and I said one time to make them mini and she hasn't gone back. We topped with whipped cream and fresh cherries from central market.
Nellie's and Joe's key lime juice and the recipe is on the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment