Labels

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mason Jar Vases

I have always had a passion for fresh flowers, however I do wish I was better enlightened in the world of botany (the identity of more flowers and the meaning of them). Anyways at a friend's ranch last weekend they had mason jars with leather twine tied around them as vases for flower arrangements of mums, hyacinths, and more. They were precious and of course the thing that always comes to my mind: I can do that! I trotted myself down to the supermarket. You can buy a case of mason jars for around $8 (which I fully plan to pickle something in the future so multiple uses for them). I also chose this kind because of the diamond like ridges on the sides. 




I picked up a very summery bright bouquet that was entitled Pura Vida, so it of course caught my attention.


We were going to a dinner party at a friends house that night so i wrapped up a jar in raffia as a thank you for my friend's delicious cooking. It was amazing with dove lizzies, back strap, green beans, broccoli rice casserole, rosemary rolls, and topped off with apple pie. You can actually catch the recipes on her blog: http://colloquialharvest.blogspot.com/ Thanks Jessie!


I then wrapped up 3 other jars with a random orange ribbon I had in my gift drawer, and arranged the rest of the flowers. The colors really pop against an all white platter.

 Ah! summer.... Pure Vida!!!

 And... with a whole case of jars $8 and the Pura Vida bouquet for $12, it was such an affordable way to say thanks for a great evening, brighten up the room, and give the motivation to pickle something.... future blog post?

No comments:

Post a Comment