Labels

Monday, October 10, 2011

Baldplate Inn Cornbread

This is my mom's corn bread recipe and it is so scrumptious it is like cake. I usually make it when I do my Texas Tortilla Soup in a casserole dish. But I made corn bread muffins this time as a nice side dish for a spicy shrimp boil. I thought it would be a good sweet break from the spicy shrimp, corn, and sausage conglomerate. This is the nerdy geologist coming out in me, I just without realizing it used the word conglomerate, which is a type of rock if you didn't know. It is a mix of ground up different rocks all fused together to form a new rock.

Back on subject of the corn bread you start by creaming these characters (butter and sugar)

You have this nice little base for the start of something great.

Then add some eggs...

And then add the rest of this cast of characters.

Just pour it all in the bowl

And mix!

Scoop in the muffin pans from Drury Lane, a 1/3 cup measuring cup is the perfect amount I have realized. Plip...

Plop...

Then put in the oven and bake, bake for a little less time than the recipe calls for since they are in muffin pans and not a pyrex dish.

Ingredients: 


1 cup sugar


1 cup flour


1 cup cornmeal


2 cups cream style corn


½ cup each Monterray jack/cheddar cheese, shredded
¼ teaspoon salt 


4 eggs


1 cup butter, melted

 



Cooking Directions:
Cream butter and sugar together, add eggs and then rest of ingredients. Pour into pyrex dish. Preheat oven to 350*, immediately after putting cornbread in, reduce heat to 300*

Bake for 1 hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment