Labels

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Leftover Steaks

Herc went to Bohanan's Restaurant with a bunch of men after an oil and gas convention, huf huf huf (the Tim Allen grunt) and he now claims it was one of the best steaks he had ever had and luckily for me he and a guy from out of town didn't quite finish their dinosaur steaks. The worst of meals for you, but I couldn't help it I had to try what was now being labeled the best steak in town! If you are having that kind of steak too you need an equally bad for you potato side.
We did these new age version of scalloped potatoes, start by slicing them but not all the way. Herc messed up on one slice a toothpick came to the rescue.

Alternate stuffing butter and parmesan cheese into the slits, I told you this was bad for you.

But so delish!

 Then put your caterpillar of potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil and bake at 400 degrees from 45 min. to 1 hour.`

When they are done pull them out and top with some cheddar cheese, then put them back in for 10-15 minutes.

Voila!

I also made a little cherry tomato and mozzarella salad drizzled in olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a little bit of basil. It was in the fridge.

Gotta have a little bit over color on the plate.

For the steaks Herc put them in a pan and in the oven on low broil for about 10 minutes, I think I wasn't really paying attention The New Girl was on and I am a big fan. I love Zooey Deschanel.

Pretty good leftover night, I'm sure glad they went to Bohanan's.

 Herc topped off the steaks with a little garlic butter we had from Central market, imaginary hat off to you sir.

Split and enjoy.

Now I just have to actually go to the restaurant and see if it is as good in person. Need a break though, must eat salad...


No comments:

Post a Comment