Labels

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Southwestern Corn

I'm back: After buying/moving/decorating a new home while in the midst of Thanksgiving/Birthdays/Wedding Showers this ginger is cooking again! This was so easy and delicious I ended up eating it basically as my meal.

Start with some corn, and cut it off the cob.

Saute in a little bit of butter with some bell peppers (I did a medley) and a jalapeno for heat.

Remove half of the corn mixture to a bowl.

Before hand mix a little cornstarch and cream together (I actually used fat free half and half because it is what I had). The original recipe actually said to use coconut milk, but honestly I couldn't find that in the grocery store so rather that wonder aimlessly between isles i said to hell with it. Mix the half and half and corn together and blend, just enough so it is a little creamy but still with chunks of kernels.

Put the "creamed" corn back with his friends, and add some salt and pepper and maybe a few other spices if you wish.

Mix and then bake in the oven at 350* for around 40 minutes.

Ta Da!

And yummmmm...... it totally counts as a vegetable too right?


No comments:

Post a Comment