Labels

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cabinet Makeover

So we inherited this really cute red china cabinet recently and luckily our bedroom is mostly grays and whites so of course red would bring a pop of color to the room. Isn't it perfect?


With my new addiction to pinterest I have noticed all of these great bookcases with a fun wallpaper in the shelves and of course I thought I can do that! This is one from antrhopologie and I liked the idea of a bunch of books and the colors looked really good with the rust of the cabinet. It was too wide for it so I just cut out the black spaces.

One shelf at a time (I also just taped it because I know I will not want this wallpaper forever and the cabinet turned out to be my husbands great grandmothers, so I would like not to deface it).

Books, books, books!

It gives it kind of an eclectic feel.

Loaded it up with actual books, picture frames and some sentimental items (a tea set my parents brought back from China for me when I was little, a picture from my Mardi Gras themed deb party along with my mask from it, etc...)

Finito!

I think it turned out pretty good, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment