Labels

Monday, January 23, 2012

Spaghetti Squash

So me and Hercules have been on a health kick lately. My cute friend Katie had been talking how she had made spaghetti squash the other night and it was delicious, so I highjacked her and she taught me the ways for a small girls dinner. I then fingers crossed made it for Hercules and I the next week because I just thought it was so good. 

Start by cutting the squash in half and scoop of the seeds (I used a grapefruit spoon because it has those little grooves on it, it's groovy, ok enough). Drizzle a little olive oil on them and maybe some spices of choice: I did salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon pepper and maybe something else can't remember. Note: about 1 squash will feed 2 people.

Bake in the oven for around 45 minutes at 375 degrees.

Of course for the girls dinner we just had a little sauce, but for Hercules it was enough I was making him eat spaghetti made out of the very vegetable that he hates. So I added pork sausage to the mix.

Also added a spicy tomato sauce, I bought because I was too lazy to make one.

Bubble bubble, I spiced it up a little more with some oregano and red pepper flakes.

Pull the squash out of the oven and let cool a little bit so you don't burn yourself (lesson learned the hard way).

And you have baked it the perfect amount so all you need is a fork and just shred it to bits.

Hold your breath while serving hoping your anti-squash husband isn't starving at the end of the night because he refuses to eat the rest of this "nastiness"....

Top with a little parmesan. And what.... he likes it!!!! It is soooo good and sooo much better for you (skip the sausage if you wanna be really healthy, or maybe some ground turkey?)
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment