Labels

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Easy Bean Soup

Didn't feel like going to the grocery store, still way too tired from the weekend of karaoke and playing ladder-golf on the beach. I found this recipe a couple of years ago sadly in a weight watchers mini cookbook but shhhh... It was surprisingly good and super easy to make so it made its way back to the kitchen every now and then, not to mention it was only 3 points! (In the weight watchers world I believe that is very good, but maybe I'm just convincing myself that it would be good). The recipe mini cookbook was lost over the years so I just kind of wing it now.

Saute the onions until clear then add a little cilantro, cumin, and a little chili powder.

Drain and rinse a can of kidney, pinto, and black beans then add to the pot. This is one of the reasons it is so easy because I buy these to have a hand for many recipes, so they keep for a long time.

Then add can of chicken broth, and a cup of salsa (everyone who lives in San Antonio has some kind of salsa in their fridge at all times)

And then you can't really just have bean soup.... So we add a little rice for texture (and starch, but don't tell weight watchers)

Looks like a little asian dish at first, but it's not...

Easy bean soup! So yummy and my lunch for the next day too! ( I know topped with cheese, REALLY don't tell weight watchers... cheese is the enemy but I love all kinds!)

No comments:

Post a Comment