Labels

Monday, August 8, 2011

Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad

I have been trying to be healthier this week after a weekend of gluttony, so naturally a salad comes to mind first. I can eat just a salad for dinner, but the husbands "needs something a little more substantial" is what he says. So add a little chicken and we are good, but a plain chicken in a salad is so boring. Found some nuts, and went to the internet. I actually found this recipe on Rachel Ray's website I am sad to say because I cannot stand her, mostly her voice. However, the recipe was super easy and very quick to cook. 

Ingredients: 



  • 1 cup pecans. toasted

  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs

  • 1 teaspoon dried basil

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds total)

  • 1/4 cup honey mustard

  • (I halved the recipe since there are only 2 of us)


 Using a food processor or my magic bullet in this case (an impulse buy at Costo 2 years ago, definitely not worth it) grind the pecans into fine crumbs. Transfer to a wide, shallow bowl and stir in the bread crumbs, basil, and some salt and pepper.


 Rub each chicken breast with honey mustard, then coat with the pecan mixture. 


 Place on a nonstick baking sheet (i like to wrap with foil for no clean up and drizzle with some olive oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees. 

I used some mixed greens for the salad with a little walnuts, candied pears, and a pear gorgonzola vinaigrette.





 It was delicious and nutritious!


All in all a great easy guilt-free meal. Although I am not pro Rachel Ray this one recipe will be a repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment