Labels

Monday, August 15, 2011

Off To The Races!

For my husbands and good friends birthday the other weekend we wanted to do something different, a little adventuresome, and to kind of get out of our little bubble that we live in.... So, we went to the races at Retama Park! I do have to give all credit to my friend Rees for the idea and planning of the great party that we got to tag along too, it was an absolute blast and won a little money throughout the night. However, what is going to the races without wearing a fabulous hat? Luckily my fashion-savvy mother-in-law has a wonderful collection of fabulous hats that she sweetly let us borrow. As they sat in my kitchen I began to notice that each hat their own personalities, and I naturally began to wonder what that girl would be that wore that hat...


Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams:
Sophisticated very stylish gal, attending a vogue launch party for a new fabulous line of resort wear.

The Wedding Cake:
Not afraid of a little bit of attention, has many different 'layers' to her. She's is either attending a tea party with a mad-hatter or a luncheon on the lawn of a plantation home.

 The Romantic:
The sweetheart who every guy wants to be with and every girls wants to be. I picture her in the roaring twenties with a champagne coupe (yep i looked that up) listening to some ragtime music while some young cabana boy fetches her fresh fruit.

Breakfast at Tiffany's:
A classic, goes with everything. I picture this gal to be polished and refined, she never swears, sweats, or  lets her hair air-dry.

The Rebel:
This gal likes to have fun, always has a drink her hand and an audience listening. She is witty and pretty and bright!!!


Sheryl, Tori, Sinead, Jewel, Fiona, Carly... Gangs all here!


The crew, well almost I kicked all of the other lame girls out of the picture that were too cool to wear hats. Obviously they missed out.

Which hat would you be?

No comments:

Post a Comment