Labels

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Park Motel Cafe

While furniture shopping with my Madre last Friday at one of our favorite stores Bygones (2 locations, the one we usually go to is on Broadway near the sonic and half price books) I was so hot and parched i forced my mother to stop in this new cafe that I had read about on San Antonio Tidbits right behind Bygones, she was so happy I did too. We got their fresh herbal tea's, they have white (peach) and black (summer rain), but a perfect mixture with the two combined. 
As we chatted with the check-out girl we learned that is was actually her husbands new restaurant and he was the head chef, she asked if we wanted a sample of the watermelon soup..... um duh! It was a-ma-zing, it was cool and refreshing and she topped it off with some feta, fresh basil, and a balsamic reduction, it was the perfect hot summer light meal. If you are wanting to try out a new place i will probably see you here because I will be going back frequently.


The Park Motel
3615 Broadway
San Antonio, 78209
(210)824-0993
http://www.theparkmotelcafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment